Milan Stock Exchange
The Milan Stock Exchange (MTE), or the Borsa Italiana S.p.A., was founded in 1808 and merged with the London Stock Exchange Group in 2007. According to the most recent data, the Milan Stock Exchange is the largest stock exchange in Italy, with roughly 300 equities and a total capitalization of around $700. billion.
Milan Stock Exchange Trading Sessions
Regular hours for the Milan Stock Exchange are Monday through Friday, with an opening time of 9:00 a.m. and a closing time of 5:25 p.m. CET.
- Pre-market sessions: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Normal trading sessions: 9:00 a.m. to 5:25 p.m.
- Post-Market Sessions: 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Market sessions are scheduled the same on all days of the week, except Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays declared by the Milan Stock Exchange in advance.
Milan Stock Exchange Holiday Schedule
Below you will find the calendar days on which the MTE will be closed for trading, to observe a number of holidays in 2017.
|Milan Stock Exchange Holidays 2017||Date|
|New Year’s Day||January 1|
|Good Friday||April 14|
|Easter Monday||April 17|
|Assumption Day||August 15|
|Christmas Holiday||December 25|
|Boxing Day||December 26|
When Trading Halted on the Milan Stock Exchange
The following is a snapshot of when trading has halted on the Milan Stock Exchange:
- February 2011: A touted technical outage forced trading halt on the Milan Stock Exchange for more than 120 minutes; but speculations rife about political concerns around Libya affecting the stocks trading on the Borsa Italiana.
- August 2011: A technical glitch halted trading on Borsa Italiana’s derivatives market for 120 minutes.